Don't you love a basket case!

Please post comments, suggestions and articles for inclusion in The Guide here... they will be reviewed by the team and used to build up The Guide itself

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

fruitbat

Don't you love a basket case!

Post by fruitbat »

Hello all, new member here. I was introduced to Seagulls in my Sea Scout days in land locked Wiltshire- there was a 1950s example in the corner of the boat shed which I was fascinated by! I persuaded my Scout leader to bring it along to camp in Wales, and we clamped it to an inflatable tender and went out for a blast on the river. A huge amount of fun until something went clang and we had to row ashore. Anyway the acorn was obviously planted.

I accidentally obtained a 1947 102 recently, parly dismantled- it seems to be really clean and mostly there other than the tank. Good compression too.

Shame the tank has gone- doubtless it was in excellent original condition like the rest of the machine. So main question- is it the round section tank for this era of Seagull?

I'll carry on with the stripdown and overhaul- after all, dismantling must have been done for a reason- and will replace coil and condensor as a matter of course.
Seagull1.jpg
Seagull 2.jpg
Seagull 3.jpg
I'm currently boatless at the moment, but that's no excuse!
Collector Inspector

Re: Don't you love a basket case!

Post by Collector Inspector »

Very cool!

What is the engine number?

Please keep us informed as you go.

With pics as we just love them aye.

Regards

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Oyster 49

Re: Don't you love a basket case!

Post by Oyster 49 »

Yes, its a brass round section tank for this engine.