British anzani Carby troubles

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Anzani nut

British anzani Carby troubles

Post by Anzani nut »

G'day, i have just recently bought a British Anzani Super single outboard motor. I took it for a run and it was incredibly hard to start. It would splutter for a moment then cut out. But once its going theres no stopping it. The carbie seems enormous for the motor and it doesent fit tightly on the machined "pipe" stubb. It is a Villiers carbie and the only numbers on it are 36 and MKII. Does anyone know what the original carbie was? The AMAL 46N two jet off my seagull fits on it fine, will this work? And does anyone know of a place on the internet that makes the tank decals for this motor, or where i can see a picture of one?

Thanks Tom
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Hi Anzani nut! Can't help you much - every Super Single I have seen has had an Amal carb on it, but that's not to say Anzani didn't fit Villiers carbs at some point. The carb does look like a big lump stuck on the side!

If the carb is not a tight fit you may be drawing air in at the spigot connection and making starting difficult.

Due to the cooling system these motors have, I was never reassured that they were cooling OK.

There are a couple of websites for Anzani if you search via Google, which might have illustrations of the tank transfers -there is nobody offering spares or things like logos.
You probably know already, but the motor is approx 150 cc's and runs on a 15:1 petrol/oilmix. Rick
Anzani nut

Post by Anzani nut »

Thanks alot mate. I will try to make something as a gasket for the carbie spiggot.