New Toy

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Mike Killay

Re: New Toy

Post by Mike Killay »

Horsley-Anarak wrote:.

You missed the point about 140 oil Mike, that is a get you home trick when buying a trailer that has been standing a long time.
Fill the cap with oil and stick it on, gets you home, so you can change the bearings at your leisure.

H-A
Didn't know that, but I would prefer to use a grease gun.
Problem is, you just don't know what the previous owner has been doing. He may well live only 2-3 miles from the water and effectively 'greases' his bearings with water.
The last dinghy I bought had spent about 10 years in a shed. Each bearing took about 50 pumps with a Wanner grease gun until full. They rumbled slightly all the way home. I then replaced them.
robhc1000

Post by robhc1000 »

She is alive, cleaned out tank, carb and gear oil, cleaned points and put all back together - fresh fuel and fired up on 3rd pull - I'm well chuffed!
robhc1000

Post by robhc1000 »

A daft question, after engine has been used I want to flush through with clean water - now does engine need to be running or can I put hosepipe up water inlet and flush it out that way?
robhc1000

Post by robhc1000 »

Boat and seagull had the maiden voyage today, went well.
Attachments
20150711_151819.jpg
robhc1000

Post by robhc1000 »

A quick question about the tell tell, at times the water was flowing well, sometimes it was trickling and other times it was just steam - all at 3/4 throttle - is this right or is there a blockage?