Thank you to the hundreds of visitors...

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

Thank you to the hundreds of visitors...

Post by charlesp »

... who appeared at Baiter Park in Poole yesterday.

I am astonished by the number of people who came to see my little (and very amateur) stand.

Lots of lovely people, lots of new contacts, lots of little discoveries. One or two surprises.

The literature was read by so many eager visitors that the print has worn off.

I have uncovered shed loads of Forties and Centuries, a few 102s, perhaps half a dozen ex British Seagull workers, and discovered that a lot of Seagull owners also have a Land Rover...

I have made new friends, handed out hundreds of cards, talked until I'm hoarse. I have probably stitched myself up with a little work, and I have been shown not a few photos of people's boats - frequently with Seagull attached. And I am on the trail of a cutaway 102...

I hope for the same today. I understand, however, that I may be in competition with a Football Match somewhere, and also some sor of car race (!)
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Or they have a Morris Minor!

John
SOS
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I may just be joining the Morris Minor brigade before long.

Having blown up my ageing but much loved BMW on the stop lights of a multi lane roundabout, I realise that todays' motors are beyond me.

To tide me over I have borrowed the ex-wife's Peugeot. Yesterday I discovered that the polished propellor blades of a 102 sharpen up quite well, and they cut through leather upholstery in an unsettlingly efficient manner. Oh well off to the scrap yard, sorry I mean automotive recycling facility...
Ian_in_Oz

Post by Ian_in_Oz »

I don't have a Landrover or a Morris Minor, but I bet I'm not the only Seagull owner to have an old British bike languishing in the shed keeping the Seagull company!
Must be time to get out on the water!
Ian
CatiGull
Location: Delmar on Hudson NY USA.........3000 nm west of THe Black Country

Post by CatiGull »

Thanks to all of you here, and especially John, who answer our silly questions so patiently, and let us have those moments like...

:D
Stephen
Awenke Yacht Club
New Baltimore NY
S/V Catigale
Macgregor 26X
Island 17 Sloop