Re: Anzani Pilot or Minor Wanted

Post by Collector Inspector »

Try a Burkah?

B :evil:
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

C.I, - I believe Minors were only supplied with one type of cowl, starting with the Mk ll.s. THe Mk I apparently didn't have a cowl, so I assume the petrol tank must have been a slightly different shape, but I've never met one or seen a picture.

Have seen differing reports on the Minor's lifespan, but it would appear they started in the late '40's and ran through until the demise of Anzani, nor do I know if they underwent model upgrades as the Pilot did.
At least one of mine has J A Prestwich (JAP) cast in the crankcase, so it would seem at least the powerhead came from JAP, and Miller magnetos were used.
I've only seen Minors with an updraft carb, where the bottom part was off a lawnmower engine -don't think they were ever fitted with a poppet valve type carb.
fleetingcontact

Post by fleetingcontact »

Hi, noticed your post. I have an Anzani Pilot that needs a good home. Interested? Its in a complete but 'as found' condition and is probably not in working order. I do not think it is worth a fortune, and I'm open to offers. Location: Kent.

Regards

Martin