Length of TC-102

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Swami

Length of TC-102

Post by Swami »

I just bought a TC-102 (circa 1956) (on ebay Australia, sight unseen and as yet undelivered) and now wonder will it reach below my 22" transom? :oops: I did not think beforehand that my 13' alum dinghy would need a "long shaft" before bidding, but now wonder about the length of the TC-102. I know it is adjustable to some degree, but what do you experts know to be it longest setting position?

Thanks

LATER EDIT:
Perhaps it IS along shaft. Here is a pic of it >>>
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... otohosting
RickUK

Lentgth of a 102

Post by RickUK »

Hello Swami - the motor is a standard shaft (not longshaft), but it appears there is a spacing collar above the transom clamp which could be taken off. (It is more usual to have to 'lift' a motor for a dinghy).
22" is a high transom, but you could be OK provided the propellor is not masked from flow of water by the bottom of the transom. 102's are nice motors - worth getting another dinghy to go with it if necessary! Rick
Swami

Post by Swami »

Thanks Rick.

I got the motor on OK and, without that top collar, the water inlet slots are JUST level with the tip of keel, and the top of the prop is just below the transom too, so it WILL get enough water access.