Looking for some LS parts

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

phil

Looking for some LS parts

Post by phil »

Hoping to find someone willing to part with a metal fuel pipe with both ends for an LS motor, it's U-shaped.

Also hoping to find a "best in world" mag cover plate in decent condition, sadly gave the spare one I had away.

Thanks for any help.
Oyster 49

Re: Looking for some LS parts

Post by Oyster 49 »

The fuel tubes are quite easy to make, and look very similar to the original. I use 1/4 nickel brake pipe. Not many of those magneto covers about in really good condition!
phil

Post by phil »

The ends must be different than the ones for the plastic fuel pipe, that's the problem for me.

I'd settle for a fairly decent one of the mag covers doesn't need to be near perfect. The one on the motor now either was made up or has had the writing completely removed if it was original. It's an excellent fit which makes me think perhaps the writing was removed, no trace of it in any case.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Did you try removing the flywheel plate to see if the writing is on the other side? Perhaps installed upsidedown?
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

There was quite a period when the flywheel covers were plain both sides, as to when falls into Charlesp's area of knowledge/research.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
phil

Post by phil »

Michael, yes I checked both sides. There is not even a faint impression of any writing.
I did not realize that Charles, interesting. The number is LS 12667. The flywheel is stamped '53
phil

Post by phil »

Well I did end up making the fuel pipe using the ends from a regular fuel pipe that had the vinyl fuel pipe ends. The vinyl was broken and only held on by the coiled wire reinforcement inside the fuel pipe. I used 1/4" copper pipe and bent it with a coiled spring made for the purpose. Drilled out two pieces of brass tubing to slide over the ends so it would look more authentic. Cleaned and polished the copper pipe and brass end pieces, then flowed on tin solder wiping it while hot to get the appearance of tin plated fuel pipe.

Still could use a "Best in World" mag cover plate, in case anyone has a spare they would be willing to part with.
1650bullet

Post by 1650bullet »

I also have a couple of mag plate covers that are blank. Just use the one you have got.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

If I recall correctly this mob is remanufacturing them (flywheel cover). Not sure who they are, they seemed to have popped up recently: http://classicseagulls.co.uk/
Anyone have info on this firm?

I have four AD's (1946 - 1955 or thereabouts) with plain covers.