lenght. of a 102

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

erik0905

lenght. of a 102

Post by erik0905 »

Hello all.

Will it bring me any trouble, to adjust the lenght of my motor, just by shorten the necessary things, to get a perfect lenght for my boat ?
I know I asked the same yesterday, but it has gone, as has the evt. answers. :?
think ahead of doing
http://www.baadside.dk/
Erik
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Hello Erik - you can shorten the motor by cutting the various bits down, but the simplest adjust the height of the motor is to put a spacing collar above the mounting bracket. You can do this with plastic pipe and 'jubilee' clips, but Seagull used to supply them, and I'm sure John of this site would be able to supply you. Each pair will raise your motor by approx. 30mm. This method is OK to make adjustments up to say 100mm., but not really suitable to make for example a longshaft motor to fit where a shortshaft should be used. Rick.
erik0905

Post by erik0905 »

RickUK wrote:Hello Erik - you can shorten the motor by cutting the various bits down, but the simplest adjust the height of the motor is to put a spacing collar above the mounting bracket. You can do this with plastic pipe and 'jubilee' clips, but Seagull used to supply them, and I'm sure John of this site would be able to supply you. Each pair will raise your motor by approx. 30mm. This method is OK to make adjustments up to say 100mm., but not really suitable to make for example a longshaft motor to fit where a shortshaft should be used. Rick.
Hi Rick - Thank you for your answer. I knew about these things, but i would like to keep the motor as low, as possible on the boat, not at least for the look of it. Erik :)
think ahead of doing
http://www.baadside.dk/
Erik