tiller grip

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

headdownarseup

tiller grip

Post by headdownarseup »

Just found this in my shed whilst having a bit of a clear up.
Not for sale, but would swap for something.....

It does bear an uncanny resemblence to something much older if you get my drift!
More than likely not original,but might be good for a clone or two.

jon
Attachments
SDC12168.JPG
SDC12167.JPG
Oyster 49

Re: tiller grip

Post by Oyster 49 »

Yes please :P Would you like to swap anything, or just sell it? I do have a few new Dover grips...
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Adrian, I must say, I have never seen anyone get so excited over a rubber grip!......is there something you're not telling us.....a closet grip collector maybe!! 8)
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Ha ha, just the thing I need to gather for my ON when I get around to starting it. when it comes to grips, soft rubber wins over hard plastic :roll:
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Rene let us know how long your best original grip is?

This is another component that it looks like we're going to have to remanufacture, has anyone found any 2 pack products that look & feel like rubber?
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

From memory, i think Oyster mentioned a while back that some bicycle handlebar grips are a pretty close match.

Might be worth a closer look to see if there is anything that resembles the (ahem) "older grips" for the "older seagulls"
(don't want to say the "M" word)
At least if there is a good clone available, it might save a lot of time and effort in re-making certain obsolete parts.

jon
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

headdownarseup wrote: (don't want to say the "M" word)
At least if there is a good clone available, it might save a lot of time and effort in re-making certain obsolete parts.

jon
I have spent many hours looking for Marston type grips, have looked at quite a few original ones, will not be hard to reproduce, cost will be £10 each I would think.

I have thought about making a batch, but need to find the best surviving original one to copy, what are your ones like Rene?

H-A
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

I'll have to have a look but I don't think I have many motors with the original grips, I'll get some photos up
Adrian Dale

Post by Adrian Dale »

I have spent many hours looking for Marston type grips, have looked at quite a few original ones, will not be hard to reproduce, cost will be £10 each I would think.

I have thought about making a batch, but need to find the best surviving original one to copy, what are your ones like Rene?
If you get the right pattern and go-ahead with a production run I will take three

AJ