TC fuel hose

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Youcanhave1

TC fuel hose

Post by Youcanhave1 »

G'day all,

I've got a TC 102 that I'm currently pulling to bits. Appears that the fuel hose has been replaced at some point with some modern black rubber beast. Can somebody please tell me what it should have there? I had a feeling it should have that discoloured clear hose :?:

Thanks in advance
ADR1947 - daily aux, TC64678 - rebuild project, F871MM5 - pretty dust catcher in my shed.

Somewhere out there there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology. — Dr. Gregory House
tambikeboy

Re: TC fuel hose

Post by tambikeboy »

Correct anwser. ..china Jons your man for 102s remember to have all details at the ready...
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Youcanhave1

Post by Youcanhave1 »

Thanks,
I'm already compiling a shopping list for later this year.
ADR1947 - daily aux, TC64678 - rebuild project, F871MM5 - pretty dust catcher in my shed.

Somewhere out there there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology. — Dr. Gregory House
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

British Seagull list those, so John will have them too. A good idea to get your bits all at once, saves on the postage and it's like christmas when you open the box :P

http://www.sheridanmarine.com/product/b ... -fuel-pipe
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

All depends on how "anal" you want to be with your 102?

Modern replacement fuel pipes normally end up being black, either plastic or rubber.
The "original" fuel pipes (as far as i can tell any way) were the clear versions up to around the mid 60's, after that black plastic.
The choice is entirely yours.

Jon
Youcanhave1

Post by Youcanhave1 »

True, but white writing on black hose just doesn't really fit with 1950's technology. The previous owner could have at least fitted one that was plain black. :roll:

headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

I get your point.

The question is which side of the fence are you on?

Original-authentic right down to the last nut and bolt (that'll be me and a few others :P )
or
make-do-and -mend with whatever is available at the time.

but i agree entirely in that 50's technology isn't like it is today.

Good quality second hand parts do come up for sale once in a while so its worth keeping an eye out if you feel that way enclined. You never know...

Jon
Youcanhave1

Post by Youcanhave1 »

I'm the type that leans to keep her original as much as possible without selling off my first born. That said I'm also not opposed to upgrading for piece of mind. Case in point would be say making a s/s prop shaft and drive shaft for my daily aux, that spends a lot of time in salt water.

My pretty feather weight on the other hand will never see anything but original parts.

As my old work colleague use to say "ya gotta know when to leave it be" :lol:

headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

I couldn't agree more.
Your daily user should i think be kept up and maintained to the highest possible level with the best materials available.
Your "golden oldies" are something entirely different and should be treated as such.

I'm glad to know i'm not the only one that likes originality. :P

Jon