Can someone help me with an Atco Boatimpeller?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

limited
Can someone help me with an Atco Boatimpeller?

Post by limited »

Hello, I have found a Atco, who has been liing out for approx 15 years.
I have search the internet for info, and found only one hit, on your side.
someone has one,and has driven one i understand.

I will be very thankfull for any info bout my engine, year? hp? etc..

Is there a possibillity to get parts for it? i`m thinkin of putting it back to condition. the crank is rusty and the engine is stuck.

Do some one have photo,video,parts,info about it? then
please contact me.

B.R. Bjorn Jensen of nothern norway.
[img]
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Hello B.R. - very roughly, there were two models of boatimpellor made from approx 1950, and then two similar upgraded models from the late '50's until the early '60's. The Impellor was made by Charles Pugh, more associated with lawnmowers, and the Impellor engine is a direct adaptation of the lawnmower version.

There is no spares service for these engines, but there are still some of the lawnmowers around the UK to provide engine / ignition spares etc., and they are simple enough to be able to repair them. If your engine is seized but not too badly corroded, there is every chance it will be OK.

Engine sizes were around 78cc for the 1.5HP version and 140cc for the 2.5HP version, and originally they ran on a 16:1 petrol/oil mix, and probably the same today, even with synthetic oils.
I don't have much info, but if you give your postal address, I will send photcopies of the stuff I have.
These engines are excellent in shallow water. Rick.
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hi rick,

Knew you were the man to come back to Bjorn! If you have any usefull info, can you mail me copies too, seems to be the only place on the net where there is anything on these Atco's. I could publish it...

I shall have to be careful, drifting into other outboards.......

Cheers,

John
SOS
limited
thanks so far

Post by limited »

hello Rick. the engine is not so corroded, I tried to put in a picture,but I didn`t understand how to do it.

Any link to the england lawnmovers company?

anyone else with this engine?
thanks for reply.

I will write back.

P.S how to put in picture in forum anyone can tell me? ; )

Bjorn
webmaster (BM)

how to put pictures in here

Post by webmaster (BM) »

There are a couple of ways to get images to show up here.

First of all it is not currently possible to up load pictures to this site so you need to find a third party FREE picture hosting site ( I just did a Google and found I have just used www.imgspot.com as an example here because it did not require a logon to create this picture.
ImageThen just insert this into your message to get the picture to show up.

Code: Select all

[img] http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/99/15/gulblink1144696216.gif[/img]
Before you sign-up for one of these services, make sure that you're familiar with the terms and conditions. Some services that offer free image hosting may require you to display a banner or advertisement within your images. There may also be limitations when it comes to the number of pictures you may upload, storage space and bandwidth allotment. There are also services that may only display your image for a certain number of days.

Another way is just email me the picture and I will insert it here for you.

I am keen to set up a photo gallery here if enough people want it. You would be able to upload your own pictures of your flocks :D
you would need to lobby John :lol:
Tim
hansomcommon
Atco Boatimpellor.

Post by hansomcommon »

Hi, the Boat Impellor is certainly worth saving, Meetons South London have all the magneto spares & do mail order, Google them for details, I run a 78cc version on the canals where it does good service and does not pollute the water as the exaust is above water, despite this they are not noisy! PS John I would love to see pictures of this motor on your website. Roger...
limited
Post by limited »

Thanks, it`s nice to come in touch.

I`will send you picture on email. can not get picture out, i tried.
do some one know history of this engine, why was it prodused, how many were prodused of each modell?, from 1949 -until? And how can you find out what year my modell is? My is almost the same as the red one on your site, but i have another type of protection on the propeller. I have a ring with tree legs. I have to propellor shafts.

If some has picture, please send it to my personal mail adr: limited167@hotmail.com
Dr.Lighthouse

Post by Dr.Lighthouse »

There's a nice exploded view of an ATCO,
together with a 1950's review,
to be found at :

http://www.31mersey.freeserve.co.uk/boatimpellor.htm