40 Bitsa!

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

dartmoor

40 Bitsa!

Post by dartmoor »

I have a nice featherweight/40 bitsa! Need some space in my garage, and I recently bought another featherweight so this one is spare. Its an electronic ignition type featherweight in origin, but not with a recoil. The basics: steel tank which is good (repainted). Water flow was ok, but I felt it could be improved. So off came the head (fortunately the bolts came easily), and I cleaned the channels out, new head gasket, new s/s head bolts and she runs a treat now with brilliant water flow. Alas the original featherweight gearbox has not had a good former life, and had given up. I couldn't find a featherweight gearbox for love nor money, so it is now happily married to a good 40plus gearbox (hence its now officially a bitsa!) with new gearbox bolts and new base gasket. Having new gearbox bolts, it could be happily taken apart again with minimum grunt and swearing (as is usually the case with the middle seizec bolt!!) - and reconciled to a featherweight box again. Location - South Devon, but could be wrapped up for courier collection (UK only). Not sure what to charge - with all the parts and the original price, it owes me £100. Or I will swap for a running Anzani pilot. :D