Projects that may won't reach an end!

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Stelios_Rjk

Projects that may won't reach an end!

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

This topic is about boys and their toys!
Engines that you bought incomplete or found out that they need unavailable parts so they are quite impossible that they will be completed soon!

Show what you have and something interesting may occur.
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
Keith.P

Re: Projects that may won't reach an end!

Post by Keith.P »

I don't have problems with Seagull parts, its usually the non British motor stuff that are hard to find.
Myself its 30's and 40's motor parts, I may find the parts eventually, I may not, not fussed.
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Naah, I was hoping in a gallery with rare engines!
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

OK, I would like a brass amal twin throttle lever cheap. :wink: that's all I have missing on this one.
P1000611a1.jpg
P.S Made a twin lever set, not original, transom has been welded and fixed.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Now some might say that yours is a Monster, Keith, & it is a different type of beast, but I would say it has more sex appeal than the Dunelt twin.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
water bug

Post by water bug »

Picture of haul of "project " Seagulls just bought as a lot. 14 Gulls, all but two are 100's, and Centurys. NONE have carbs. No brass tanks. Most stuck. Good Parts and bits pile. Even a EFNR in there. Two poor Featherweights. MANY REAL Projects. Also one stuck motor head of a 1930 USA Neptune twin. A winters sorting. IS this what the poster had in mind? WB
Attachments
DSCN4814s.jpg
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

It doesn't matter what the poster had in mind! Certainly it would be too difficult to get them all running so some of them will give parts to others or wait for the correct circumstances to attract attention. Correct lot for the topic I suppose!
bobbybob

Post by bobbybob »

:D :D super!!!
jonmac

Post by jonmac »

Reading a previous thread regarding "lurkers", are they members that just look and don't contribute?? If so, then I must be a small part-time one.
Some time ago I purchased a Triton twin-cylinder outboard. Not knowing it's pedigree, I asked CI for some help. The reply was that the Triton was an australian made copy of the Britannia Swordfish. It was almost complete, missing the carby and a prop. I haven't made any enquiries yet if any of the parts are available, though I'm sure the Swordfish components would fit.
Since then, CI has sent information regarding some other motors that were for sale and would be handy for parts, so I purchased another two Swordfish motors. One is only good for parts and the other needs a starter pulley and cover plate. so far. I hope to see if I can source these parts when I know exactly what I need for it.
Therefore, one day, maybe they will 'reach the end', if parts can be sourced, but in the meantime, they only take up room in the shed . . . jonmac :D
Attachments
Parts only motor
Parts only motor
Britannia Swordfish
Britannia Swordfish
Aussie made Triton
Aussie made Triton