Techno fantasy land

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

pistnbroke
Post by pistnbroke »

gone
Last edited by pistnbroke on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Oh dear I thought it was your collected thoughts about magnetos you were referring to. Never mind my comments stand.

I'm not referring to rude words, nor would I bother acting as a 'rude word patrol officer', the job title is unattractive and I cannot imagine the uniform being to my taste.

What I was objecting to was your unwarranted slagging off of one of our regular posters, which was uncalled for.

We are a friendly forum here, we have lots of opposing views, and we tolerate all of them. That's the way we learn and expand our knowledge.
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Charles, this man is a trucking austrafalian. To not allow outspoken erudite professional banter which can be neccessary in times of valid frustration would undermine a valid arguement.

I agreed with his sentiment before it was replaced by asterisks. I have myself attempted to chivvy anal retentives, not because I knew more than them, just for fun . . .
John@sos

FAQ's

Post by John@sos »

Healthy debate!

I will not alter the FAQ's as yet, I have had several conflicting ideas as to why some of the tips work and who knows which is right, maybe there is a bit of truth in a lot of them.

Main thing is the tips work!

Keep the suggestions coming andf the Gulls running,

Regards,
John
Collector Inspector

Charles, this man is a trucking austrafalian.

Post by Collector Inspector »

Actually Mate, this gent is from Queensland (Us down Under are Used to Them)

Yes John, great debate, sadly faded away..........

Consider for your FAQ Updates in the future this:

I heard that if you place a suspect flywheel devoid of field into a Wombat Hole at the stroke of midnight of a full moon. just East of Cocklebiddy Roadhouse on the Eyre Highway, that said pissed off Wombie will "Rotate" it out so fast that the Dream Time Spirits and the Earths Magnetic Field at that local will Fix The Sod right up!

Warning! Wombats bite and dream-time spirits give good hangover......

Regards

CI
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

WA.

Kalgoorlie/Border.... drool.... The last frontier of civilisation. In the gold rush days the publicans competed to build the most majestic pub. Streets with pavements wider than the road for camel trains. Apprentices making 100K/pa in the mines. Hard drinking, hard working citizens. Trains 5K's long. Skimpy barmaids ie skimpy attire. Jug of beer and they drop their gear. Just sold a house there... will keep me in booze for the rest of my life.

Alas desert, no water, no need for seagulls.

Hugz.
chris

Post by chris »

excuse my ignorance but what is everyone on about, I have never gapped a plug for a seagull, have owned seagulls for years, now with this discussion i am very confused, never thought seagulls were so complicated
Collector Inspector

Mate!

Head south a bit on the gravel until you, four mates, an 8ft Tinnie and two cartons of fizzy fall off a cliff into the "Bite".........

Spend a day catchin White Pointers in the sun!

For THAT, you will need a Seagull.

Um, ya gotta adjust something so why not a "Gap" Mate!

CI
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

My dad was born in Australia on a bullock cart just before crossing the River Darling. That was before World War One.

My grandparents waited until they got to New Zealand before registering the birth.

Even with those ties of blood to the Colonies I have lost all semblance of a grasp on what you're both on about!
Collector Inspector

What we are on about

Charles, sorry mate but we are just entering the week of "The Race That Stops The Nation", Melbourne Cup etc.

While we still have a common interest in all things Seagull, Tuesday next week sort of kicks off about now, Friday PM, and we are totally useless until Next Friday morning.....waiting for the weekend.

Actually it is "The Race That Stops A Nation For a Week"

We tend to get.........."Australian" (NOT to be confused with "Queensland" as they operate differently than the Norm)

Forgive US, it WILL pass.

CI
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Nah
Last edited by Hugz on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Ohh
Last edited by Hugz on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collector Inspector

It's Beltaine

BUGGER!

Thanks for the "Heads Up".

Charles, looks like no sense from down under for awhile............

We are now nagging and belting for the time being.

Gotta add this B thing into Things to look forward to next year..........

Thanks Huggsy

CI
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Thats ok CI
Last edited by Hugz on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collector Inspector

Bring Him Over

That is a good suggestion as Aus is where"Every second 102 ended up" by my reckoning so he, Charles, would fit in in that regard.

Slight problem in getting him in thru Customs at the moment as they, also, are taking a week off for nags and the "B" thing. Closed shop.

Also the ADMISSION, freely given with no real regards to protocol down under.....in that:

"My dad was born in Australia on a bullock cart just before crossing the River Darling. That was before World War One.

My grandparents waited until they got to New Zealand before registering the birth.

Even with those ties of blood to the Colonies I have lost all semblance of a grasp on what you're both on about!"

Tends to preclude said Charles an easy entry.

Born in Australia but a fellow of the long white cloud?

Kinda makes it difficult even if we lied on his "Sponsers Admission Papers"

Maybe next year Ya think?

Regards

CI